This Policy is an electronic record and this electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
1 WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
This Policy explains how VOLP personal and non-personal information, classified as mandatory
or voluntary and uses, discloses and protects such information through the Website/App.
"Personal Information" is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person
("Personal Information"). Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but
not limited to, information provided while using the Website/App, while registering on the
Website/App, while communicating with VOLP's customer service by phone, email or otherwise,
writing reviews for the content available on the Website/App etc., that may or may not be
otherwise publicly available.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that are not owned, controlled, managed or operated by the Company or to persons that the Company does do not employ, engage or manage.
2 INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Company collects and stores Personal Information when you use and/or register with the
Company on the Website/App and when you use the Services.
When you register on the Website/App, the Company may ask for information which is mandatory such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information, business information, franchise and other licence information and other financial information, and certain other information which is optional. Wherever possible, the website/app indicates which information is mandatory and which information is optional for you to share with the Company. Once you register on the Website/App and log in to use its Services, You are not anonymous to the Company.
The Company automatically receives and records information on its server logs regarding your sessions on the Website/App, and (if You have set Your computer to receive cookies) related cookie information. For further information, see the section below headed “Cookies“. The Company may use your information for the following general purposes
- to contact You
- to facilitate availing and provision of specialised services/ products, expert advice, professional consulting etc. by You through the Company or its associates
- to administer the Company‟s business and Website/App
- to send invoices, statements, agreements and/or to collect payment from You
- to send You marketing related communications
- to deal with enquiries and complaints raised by You and to troubleshoot problems
- to prevent the Website/App from fraud, errors or any illegal activity
- to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and to ensure safety of the Website/App and all Users
- to send You important information regarding the Website/App, changes to Website/App terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information
- to personalize Your experience on the Website/App and the Company‟s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law
- to carry out market research and users‟ interest; and
- to customise Your experience of use of the Website/App
3 INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of the pages on the Website/App are freely accessible by all Users and require no prior
registration. Further, certain other pages on the Website/App can be accessed by Users only
after entering in their details, username and password and/or after making the requisite payment
mandated by the Company. Therefore, the Company requests you to use a safe and secure
server to access the Website/App to ensure the safety of your username, password, and other
information. The Company does do not guarantee any security or privacy of any information
which may be available to all Users and visitors of the Website/App publicly. Further, the
Website/App may contain links to other websites. Please note that the Company does not
endorse any links or websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party
The Company does not rent, sell, disclose or share Personal Information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies. However, you agree that the Company may disclose Your Personal Information under the following circumstances.
- Third party service providers: the Company employs or might, as per requirement and business needs of the Company, employ, engage, contract with third-party service providers to work on behalf of or with the Company, under agreements containing confidentiality obligations and in accordance with law, in relation to the Services provided on the Website/App. These third-party service providers may use Your Personal Information in assisting the Company to communicate with You about Website/App offers, providing customer support, assisting in advertising on the Website/App, etc. Such third party service providers do not have any independent right to the information provided by the Company to them.
- Business transfer and Mergers: The Company may transfer Your Personal Information if the Company, is acquired by or merged with another company, to the extent permitted by applicable law and/or required under the scheme/arrangement of merger, etc.
- With your consent: in addition to the aforementioned circumstances, the Company may share Personal Information with third parties with your prior consent and/or at your request.
4 ACCESSING YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you access the Website/App, the Company aims to provide you with Your Personal Information stored with it. That information may be required to be updated from time to time. Therefore, the Company also strives to give You ways to quickly update any of Your Personal Information. When updating Your Personal Information, the Company may ask you to verify Your identity before we act on your request.
The Company may place text files in the browser files of Your computer system. A cookie itself
does not contain Personal Information and it will only enable the Company to relate your use of
the Website/App and/or Services and Your behaviour on the Website/App, to information that
You have specifically and knowingly provided. The only Personal Information that a cookie can
contain is the information you yourself supply to the cookie. A cookie can‟t read data off your
hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites.
6 CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The Company limits access to Personal Information about You to such persons who the
Company believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide
Services to You or for the purposes of proper functioning of the Website/App.
The Company has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with its legal responsibilities to protect Personal Information about You.
If the Company learns of a security systems breach it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Website/App or providing Personal Information to the Company You agree that the Company can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to You and Your use of the Website/App. Further, the Company may also post a notice on the Website/App pertaining to the security system breach in order to notify all the Users at large. The Company may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to it in these circumstances and if required by law, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The Company takes your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect Your information. No data transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. The following is a summary of the measures the Company takes to protect your information and descriptions of the procedures it implements for different types of information You may provide to us:
- Third party service providers and suppliers: the Company works with third party service providers/experts/trainers/professional, suppliers who provide services on its behalf or to it. The Company enters into agreements with such third party service providers, experts, trainers, professional and suppliers to ensure complete security and safety of the User information. Such third party service providers do not have any independent right to the information provided by the Company to them.
- Employee and contractor access to information: the Company limits access to Personal Information about You to those employees and contractors who the Company reasonably believes need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to You or for the purposes of proper functioning of the Website/App.
The Company may update, revise or amend this Policy from time to time without any prior notice to you. When the Company revises updates or amends this Policy, it also revises the date at the start of the Policy. For changes to this Policy that may be materially less restrictive on the Company‟s use or disclosure of Your Personal Information provided to it, the Company will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing the change. The Company encourages You to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how the Company is protecting the information it collects. Your continued use of the Website/App constitutes your agreement to this Policy and any updates from time to time.
8 USER DISCRETION
You can always choose not to provide information and in such cases, if the information required
is classified as mandatory, you will not be able to avail of that part of the Services, features or
You can add or update Your Personal Information on a regular basis. When you update information, the Company will keep a copy of the prior version for its records
The Company may, if you so choose send direct advertisement mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to opt-out of this direct mailer by clicking at the unsubscribed link option attached to the e-mail. The Company respects your privacy and if you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from the Company or use Your Personal Information, please report to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The „Help‟ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent Your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify You when You receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Further, you can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on‟s settings or visiting the Website/App of its manufacturer. However, as cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the Website/App features, some of the Website/App features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. It is, therefore, recommended that you leave the cookies turned on. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject the Company‟s cookies, you will not be able to download any of the Company‟s Content or avail of the Company‟s services that require you to log in
9 GRIEVANCE OFFICER